The National Apprenticeship Training Scheme in India is a one-year program equipping technically qualified youth with practical knowledge and skills required in their field of work. The apprentices are imparted training by the organizations at their place of work. Trained managers with well-developed training modules ensure that Apprentices learn the job quickly and competently. during the period of apprenticeship, the apprentices are paid a stipend amount, 50% of which is reimbursable to the employer from the Government of India.
At the end of the training period, the apprentices are issued a Certificate of Proficiency by the Government of India which can be registered at all employment exchanges across India as valid employment experience. for undergoing this scheme there are some standards NATS Rules are validated which must be followed to take advantage of this scheme.
Some standards and Important rules of NATS
To take advantage of the National Apprenticeship Training Scheme, you should fulfill all types of criteria such as education, age, and some important rules related to NATS. To know about common things related to the requirements for NATS are listed below.
Eligibility Requirements for NATS
- Only an Indian national are eligible to apply National apprenticeship training scheme
- Candidates should first Enroll on and be approved on the National Apprenticeship Training Scheme (NATS) web portal www.mhrdnats.gov.in and recognized by the Board of Apprenticeship.
- To apply apprenticeship program you need a NATS ID for registration which looks similar to WMHG000123456789.
- To get this type of ID, you need to Enroll in the NATS web portal and after some time you get it.
- Some candidates having work experience of one year or more, that type of candidate are NOT eligible to apply
- If candidates have been in done apprenticeship program previously as Apprentice then not eligible to apply
- The applicant must not be a dismissed Government employee.
Educational eligibility requirements for NATS
For Graduate Apprentice
- Candidate must be passed or completed a bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology in different specializations such as mechanical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Construction Engineering, Robotics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Textile Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, etc.
For Diploma (Technician) apprentice
- Candidate must have passed or completed Diploma in Engineering or Technology in different specializations such as mechanical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Construction Engineering, Robotics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Textile Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, etc.
- After the completion of high school 10th in state/ Central board with a one to 2 year trade certificate course in an ITI (industrial training Institute).
Notes: These NATS rules are standard, but sometimes an establishments have different rules according to the nature of an establishment
Age Relaxation on the based on NATS Rules
candidate can apply to apprenticeship program up to the age of 25 years, but for category students have some relaxation as per the National apprenticeship training scheme age relaxation is given based on category which is mentioned below